Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick Update

So I didn't finish posting everything that happened in March and here it is April. I still have catching up to do. Darryl and I (and of coarse Teagan) had been living with my parents, and we would periodically check apartment prices in the area and we found a deal we just couldn't pass up! We moved to an apartment not too far from where my parents live since I will still have my mom watch Teagan while I work. I am really excited about it. It has been so nice having our own place. We really enjoyed living with my parents, but nothing compares to having a place of your own. It's a two bedroom apartment, nothing too fancy, but I love it! Here are a few reasons why: It has a spacious pantry in the kitchen, lots of closet space, it's in a place where I feel safe, (I am considerably more paranoid than the average person, so this was a biggy), and did I mention, it's our own place?! We got a really good deal on the rent too.

This brings me to the next event in March, my birthday! While Darryl was at work, my mom and I went shopping for decorations for my new place. We went to the Home Goods store in Salt Lake. I LOVE that store! I found an oil painting that I fell in love with and my mom bought it for my for my birthday. I also bought quite a few of my own presents that day! We had lots of fun. Teagan got to play in one of those shopping carts that are built like cars and he loved it, so he didn't even mind shopping all day.

After that, we met Darryl, my dad, and Garrett at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was delicious. I love their food more than their cheesecake so I got my Thai food fix without worrying what part of the chicken I was eating.

After dinner we went back home and I got to put all the decorations in my apartment and then Darryl and Teagan went to bed. I didn't have to work the next day and I don't go to bed at 8:30 like they do, so I went back to my parents house and partied without them! Garrett didn't have school the next day so we stayed up and watched one of my favorite movies, Clue. (Tim Curry at his finest. It's a must see!) Overall, It was a great birthday. I had lots of fun and got spoiled.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday. I'm going to have to come visit you sometime soon so I can check out your sweet new apartment.

Jen said...

Teagan is SO cute in those sunglasses! What a handsome little man!

K.B. said...

Tell Teagan "thanks" for keeping us awake and entertained during church yesterday. He is SO CUTE! He was cracking me up the way he was making his bottle sqeak by still sucking on it even though it was bone dry. YOur mom kept trying to make it quiet. So funny.

I'm glad you guys love your new place. We miss you though! William now refuses to go to Primary since you left. It's his form of protesting I guess. :)

Blog Archive