Sunday, May 10, 2009

A wonderful Mother's Day

Darryl, Teagan and I went to my mom's for dinner. We had a barbeque in the backyard and the weather couldn't have been nicer. Teagan loved being outside, as he always does and made sure to point out every airplane that flew overhead. He points up at the sky as soon as he hears them. He knows they come from the south and go north so he always turns south first and then follows them as they disappear to the north. He smiles and says "eh-pane" which is a new word for him. He also learned "hot" today when I told him his food was too hot for him to eat and that he had to wait. He kept saying, "hot! hot! hot!" It would have made even Paris Hilton proud.

After dinner I made my mom's favorite: chocolate dipped strawberries and we watched a Cary Grant movie called "Walk, Don't Run." (It was a really cute one.) Teagan had been playing and running around enjoying the attention from his Aunt Ste and Uncles Joe and Garrett when he decided that he wanted his mama. He ran over to me and I put him on my lap and he snuggled right up to me and fell asleep! He NEVER wants to snuggle, so this was quite the treat. It was the best thing he could have given me for Mother's Day. I loved every minute of it. He is such a sweet kid. I love him to pieces and I am so blessed to be his Mother. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for such a wonderful family.

2 comments:

Kayce said...

Oh, that's so sweet! Glade randomly comes up and gives me hugs. I think she knows I'll give her what she wants if she does it haha.

Natalie Pyles said...

absolutely LOVE your new family picture. you're hair is so cute and you guys look so happy!

nat

Blog Archive