Sunday, June 7, 2009

A tender hearted little guy

Today I bore my testimony in Relief Society. I felt very moved by the spirit and even though I had Teagan, I went up anyway. It was one of those feelings I just couldn't shake, and I had to go up. I started talking about how blessed our family is to have the Lord's hand in our lives and how much we love being able to rely on him. I got pretty emotional and started to cry. I was holding Teagan through all of this and he sees that I am crying and immediately starts kissing me on the cheek. It made me laugh and I somehow fumbled through the rest of my emotional mess of a testimony and sat down. 

Needless to say, I had several women stop and tell me how cute he is. It certainly made me smile. Teagan is a big hit in our new ward. Especially since 80% of the members live in a neighboring retirement community and are over 65 years old. He is the ward's grandson, and man does he love the attention! At first I was a bit disappointed in the lack of young families in the ward, and then we sat through Gospel Doctrine and I changed my mind completely. I have never had such a profound and deeply spiritual Sunday school lesson. I really admire the things these ward members contribute and I am excited to learn all that I can from them. I think this is just what our family needs. 

2 comments:

Kayce said...

That's cool! I wish our family ward had been like that. I wish our ward now was like that haha.

But that is really cute and cool!!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you like our ward. It's hard going to church when you don't like the people in there with you....it's hard going to church when you DO like the people in there with you too.

Blog Archive