
We took Teagan on his very first trip to Disneyland. Darryl and I love Disneyland so we were especially excited to share it with Teag. Lynn was also really wanting to go for his birthday, so luckily my parents decided to take Lynn to Disneyland and we were able to plan it so we could all go together.
My dad drove in the truck with us and we left early in the morning so we ended up getting to our hotel at about 3:30 pm. Teagan was an angel in the car. He was pleasant and just wonderful the whole trip, but I was especially surprised how good he was in the car. Once we got to the hotel, however, he was wound up. My dad decided to play a game with him to keep him occupied. He told Teagan they were going to play Toy Story and Grandpa would be Woody and Teagan would be Buzz (Buzz is Teagan's favorite by a LONG shot). Well, given the nature of kids, Teagan wanted to be Woody instead. So for the rest of the trip he called my Dad Buzz and referred to himself as Woody. My Dad decided that Lynn was Rex (so fitting. The gentle giant.) and my mom was . . . Mrs. Potato Head! She said, "Of all the characters in the show I am Mrs Potato Head?! I couldn't have been Jessie, or Bo Peep, or even Barbie?" My Dad just said, "Well, I can see you've packed your angry eyes." It was pretty funny. (Those of you who don't know my parents well enough, they both have a great sense of humor.) Luckily, I got to be Jessie (we have been back for a few weeks now and he still calls me Jessie) and he decided Darryl was Goofy. (Not in Toy Story, but still very fitting.)
Teagan had no idea what Disneyland was, so I pulled up a picture online and printed it out (same pic I posted above). He knew that Mickey lived there and that there were rides. His previous experience with rides scared him a bit, so when we first entered the park we are walking down mainstreet and he has this nervous look of dread. It was hysterical. I wish I had been able to get a picture of it. What kid is scared of DISNEYLAND?! He ended up loving it, of coarse, but not til after he realized exactly what kind of rides they were and what to expect.
My dad drove in the truck with us and we left early in the morning so we ended up getting to our hotel at about 3:30 pm. Teagan was an angel in the car. He was pleasant and just wonderful the whole trip, but I was especially surprised how good he was in the car. Once we got to the hotel, however, he was wound up. My dad decided to play a game with him to keep him occupied. He told Teagan they were going to play Toy Story and Grandpa would be Woody and Teagan would be Buzz (Buzz is Teagan's favorite by a LONG shot). Well, given the nature of kids, Teagan wanted to be Woody instead. So for the rest of the trip he called my Dad Buzz and referred to himself as Woody. My Dad decided that Lynn was Rex (so fitting. The gentle giant.) and my mom was . . . Mrs. Potato Head! She said, "Of all the characters in the show I am Mrs Potato Head?! I couldn't have been Jessie, or Bo Peep, or even Barbie?" My Dad just said, "Well, I can see you've packed your angry eyes." It was pretty funny. (Those of you who don't know my parents well enough, they both have a great sense of humor.) Luckily, I got to be Jessie (we have been back for a few weeks now and he still calls me Jessie) and he decided Darryl was Goofy. (Not in Toy Story, but still very fitting.)
Teagan had no idea what Disneyland was, so I pulled up a picture online and printed it out (same pic I posted above). He knew that Mickey lived there and that there were rides. His previous experience with rides scared him a bit, so when we first entered the park we are walking down mainstreet and he has this nervous look of dread. It was hysterical. I wish I had been able to get a picture of it. What kid is scared of DISNEYLAND?! He ended up loving it, of coarse, but not til after he realized exactly what kind of rides they were and what to expect.
1 comment:
" I see you packed your angry eyes." I love it! I'm glad you had fun despite some of the rises closing down.
Post a Comment