Sleep has never seemed more important to me than when I can't get any. Many people take sleep for granted. I used to be one of those people. Now I cherish every blessed moment that I get to spend sleeping. I found out from my son's pediatrician that he should be sleeping longer at night than he is. I am now trying to figure out how I can get him to sleep for a solid 4-6 hours without waking up. He consistently wakes up 3 times at night. (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) So I go to bed around ten and he wakes up at midnight. I feed him and get him settled down again and I end up back in bed around one. He then wakes up at about two or three. I feed him, and put him back to bed and he wakes up again at 4 or 5 a.m. Then at about 6 a.m. he is wide awake and wants to play. It is really starting to get to me.
Sleep deprivation can do strange things to people. I feel so distracted all the time. I also laugh at the most ridiculous things. I was laughing until there were actual tears streaming down my face over the stupidest thing. My husband was trying to sleep and I kept him up because I could not stop laughing. It had something to do with a muffin, but I don't even remember. That's the other thing, I can't remember anything anymore! I think when you are so focused on taking care of a baby your mind uses up all it's got doing that and your memory, and common sense fly out the window. Thank goodness for the weekends. That's Darryl's turn to be up with the baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (1)
- May (2)
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (7)
- January (2)
5 comments:
I remember those days...not too long ago!! I look back and I don't know how I did it? I cried a lot!! How old is Teagan? When Ava was 4 months old my doctor told me to let Ava cry herself to sleep!! Ya right...2 minutes of crying and I would give in! I had tons of people give me advice but all babies are different and I finally just had to figure out what worked for her! Good luck...I hope that little guy decides to sleep!!!
Also...who is your brother-in-law? Do you know which days he performs?
You poor thing! Hopefully, he will start to sleep more soon.
I feel for ya! At least you end up laughing, I always ended up bawling and being miss ornery pants all day long. Raylee actually started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and I thought those midnight wake ups were behind me, but she showed me and now she wakes up anywhere from no times to 5 times a night. I am pretty sure she thinks its funny to see me stumble in in the middle of the night, my hair flying everywhere, and yesterdays makeup smudged all over! Good luck and hopefully he will start sleeping through the night!
Cherice
ha ha ha! I laughed when I read your post because I too, feel your pain! The thing I can relate to the most is that my brain has literally turned into oatmeal! I can't remember things, sometimes simple, easy things. For example, tonight, I walked out of our bedroom to get something, I don't remember what, and somehow ended up online reading your blog...now if only I knew what was so important that I left the room...
Post a Comment