Monday, March 17, 2008
St. Patrick's Day!
This holiday has been my favorite since I was about five years old. Many people find this strange. They always ask me why. Well, I found leprechauns fascinating as a child. I wished I could be one. You get to wear green everyday, play tricks on people, have lots of gold, and you also have magical abilities. Who wouldn't want that? I found a picture of me as a child wearing a leprechaun mask that I made out of paper. My mom told me that I refused to take it off. Though I now realize that leprechauns are not real and my dreams of becoming one have been shattered, I still love the holiday. My main reason now is that St. Patrick's Day is the easiest holiday to celebrate. All you have to do is wear green and all of the sudden you are so festive. It's also the only day you can justify eating corned beef and cabbage. Looking back, it seems as though I have had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day every year. This year was no exception. I dressed my baby up in as much green as I could find. I wore a nausiatingly bright green shirt, and ran some errands. Nothing special, but that's the best part of the holiday. It doesn't have to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (1)
- May (2)
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (7)
- January (2)
3 comments:
Agreed! St. Patrick's Day is awesome.
It is a nice and relaxing holiday isn't it?? I didn't realize how much green I have for Ava to wear until yesterday when I went to dress her and had to decide between several shirts! I'm glad I found your blog! BTW-I looked at pics of your little family on facebook and you have the cutest family. Teagan is adorable! My little cousin is named Teagan and I love that name!
I saw your blog from your facebook...I love that you love St. Patty's day so much! I like it too. It really is so simple to be festive! Just make EVERYTHING green. :)
Post a Comment