Monday, March 10, 2008

Walgreens

I don't know what it is about that place. It's almost as if I moment I walk in, they just start sucking money right out of my purse. I have had to make several trips there recently to pick up a few things. They put out a great ad in the paper each week. It's enough to entice you in the store. (A box of 20 thank you cards for $1.00!) The thing I go to the store for is a good bargain, but I leave spending so much more than I had intended once I grab all the unnecessary things I tend to leave with. I just can't go there anymore.

I went down their make-up aisle and saw all kinds of great deals. The next thing I know I have 5 different kinds of eye-shadow and 3 things of mascara because they are 60% off. The problem is that 9 days out of 10, I don't wear make-up!

I decided to get some digital prints at their one-hour photo because I had a coupon (once again their ad sucked me in) for a really good deal. I ended up leaving with an Easter basket, lots of over-priced candy, baby sunglasses, bubble-wrap, packing tape, and a couple of picture frames. That was when I dropped off the pictures to be printed. It was just as bad when I had to go back and pick up the prints. I don't know why I decided to buy two new kinds of deodorant when I already have some at home. It seemed like a good deal.

My excuse: I don't get out of the house much, so I convince myself that I better get all those things while I am at the store.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This is the reason I only go to the grocery store if I have a list. Otherwise I will buy everything I see and yet, nothing I need :)

Blog Archive