Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family Pictures

I wanted to get a family picture taken since we have lots of pictures of Teagan, but not many of all three of us. Last year we had pictures taken with Darryl's family in his Grandparents backyard and I liked the setting so we (well, I) decided to take some of our family in the same setting. It's tough to get Darryl to want to have his picture taken. It's certainly not his favorite thing. Darryl's parents were in town from California and I had my mother-in-law, Reita and my sister-in-law, Aimee help with the pictures. Reita takes nice pictures and Aimee has become a pro at getting Teagan to smile. It should be fairly simple, right? Thankfully my mother-in-law is a very kind and patient person. It took a while to get something good. We made the mistake of putting Teagan barefoot on the grass for the first time and got some interesting expressions from him. Here are a few of the "interesting" ones. We took about 30 pictures and between Teagan having strange expressions, Darryl closing his eyes, and me squinting too much or talking, (imagine that) we got 2 pictures that turned out well. Thanks again to Reita and Aimee for taking the pictures.




Now we just need Teagan to look less miserable and Darryl to open his eyes. (Darryl told me to write: "My husband looks so smart! Obviously you can see in this picture why I married him.")


We finally decided to pick him up off the grass in hopes that he would smile.
I'm not sure what this expression from Teagan is, but I laughed when I saw it.



Here are the ones we thought turned out the best:





I am still squinting but my boys look so handsome!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love those last two! They are really cute.

The first two are great. The first picture Teagan looks like the grass is causing him pain! Poor baby!

Emily said...

Oh, I just love your family pictures! How darling! I laughed reading about your picture experiences, that's hilarious. Little Teagan can pull good faces (perhaps he got it from his dad!). And, Darryl does look smart in those pictures (in a strange way!).

Blog Archive