Several months ago I was asked to put a list of my quirks on my blog. I am slow at getting to it, but here it is. I am a rather strange person so the hard part was narrowing it down. Here are a few facts about me.
1. It's really awkward to hold Teagan with my right arm. It's also uncomfortable to have my purse or really to carry anything on my right arm. I am severely right-handed and like to keep that arm free. I typically load up my left arm with as much as I can carry and have nothing but my car keys in my right hand.
2. I am quite unromantic in a lot of ways. I don't celebrate my anniversary or Valentine's Day. I think it's pointless and a waste of money. I like being spoiled everyday not twice a year. :) My idea of something romantic is when I come home from work to find that the dirty laundry I hadn't been able to get to is clean and folded neatly in my drawer; or when my gas tank is running low and the next time I get in my car it has been filled. I don't need flowers or jewelry, just my wonderfully thoughtful husband.
3. I Q-tip my ears obsessively. It happens at least two to three times a day. Usually right when I wake up, then after I take a shower and before I go to bed. If I think about it during the day, I have to Q-tip my ears. The idea of having wax in my ears is disgusting.
4. I get physically sick when I see bloody things. I get chills and I get nauseous and start dry heaving. It's so bad that I couldn't help one of the customers that came into the pharmacy because they got some chopped liver from the meat department and wanted me to ring it up with their prescription. It was in a clear plastic container that looked like a bowl of chunky blood. I took one look at it and ran to the bathroom and puked. (No. I wasn't pregnant at the time.)
5. I hate massages. I don't want someone rubbing my back. I don't even like a massage from Darryl unless I am in a lot of pain and even then it only takes 30 seconds for me to remember why I don't like being massaged. I am a no touch person. I get that from my dad. I don't like to snuggle, hold hands, etc. I have gotten so much better about being physically affectionate since I got married, but I have to remind myself. (It's not hard to be affectionate to a baby. Teagan has brought out a whole new affectionate side to me.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (1)
- May (2)
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (7)
- January (2)
3 comments:
I love the backdrop! Very sophisticated.
So for your birthday from now on, a box of q tips it is.
Your blog looks really cute!
Question: do you carry around q-tips in your purse?
That is so sad that you puked at work when you saw that nasty bloody meat!!!
I can totally see all this. It definitely brings everything together. And the crafty stuff isn't hard, it truly isn't. You just have to be really bored and not care what your child gets into while you do it :)
Post a Comment