
I love the Olympics. It's good that it only happens every two years (I love both winter and summer games) because I am glued to the TV for the entire duration. I love the spotlights they do on the athletes. Who wouldn't want to know what Michael Phelps eats for breakfast? Thankfully we have Bob Costas to tell us these things. I stayed up way to late watching Nastia get her gold. I was intrigued by the drama surrounding the French swimmer who is competing against her ex-boyfriend's current fling. I love it all. I feel so patriotic cheering for the U.S. athletes. I really love most of the events. (not crazy about water polo)
I get excited about the promising athletes and have high hopes for them. I have been a Phelps fan since his Olympic debut and was disappointed to hear about the Hamm brother's injuries. I love the spirit of the Olympics. It brings the world together in a peaceful, non-political setting and allows America to show how much we dominate! China's proved a tough competitor this time but we still have them on the total medal count. It never gets old watching the pride and honor the athlete exudes when the flag of their country is raised and their anthem plays.
If I had realized my love for the Olympics years ago, I would have picked a sport and dedicated my life to it just to be able to compete in the Olympics. Preferably a sport less people are interested in, so I had more of a chance. If backgammon is ever an Olympic event, I would take the gold. It's the only thing I get competitive over. I better start training just in case they make it one. Anyone wanna play?
3 comments:
Bring it on, home slice!! :)
I love the Olympics TOO!! I love putting the kids to bed and gluing myself to the TV. I think my favorite is the Gymnastics.
Sadly, I've hardly watched the Olympics at all. We don't even have our tv hooked up!
I've played you at backgammon enough to know that I should just stay out of your way.
Post a Comment