
Teagan started eating baby food a little over a month ago. He hated it at first and wouldn't eat it. I know it's hard to imagine my little chunk not wanting to eat anything, but it's true. I was persistent and it finally paid off. He is now a good eater and gets excited when you put him in his high chair. It's funny.
His latest thing is paper. It all started with the doctor's office for his 6 month check up. He was laid down on that paper they put over the beds and he loved the crinkly sound. He rolled back and forth and kicked his legs. He was so happy. Well after that, every time he sees paper he dives straight for it. He tore apart the entire newspaper about two weeks ago. I sat and watched him do it, so I obviously wasn't upset over it, but I was excited to see him explore something new. He loves any kind of paper. Napkins, newspaper, magazines, etc. I realized that he shouldn't be given paper so he won't want to tear up everything. My little brother Garrett tore up my scrapbook with most of my baby pictures in it when he was little and I don't want Teagan to do the same sort of thing, but how do you take it away when he loves it so much?
He has reached an age where he is so aware of his surroundings. (Even more than before.) I took him outside in the back yard on Monday and though he has been outside several times, he acted like it was the first time he had seen anything out there. He looked at the birds and trees with such wonder. It was so fun to see him experience things for the first time.
He has such a cute personality. It had been so fulfilling to be a mother and teach him things and watch him grow. (Even though it happens so fast!)I can't believe it's been seven months already. It seems like yesterday I was miserably pregnant and counting down the days. (I am certainly glad that is over.) I am so lucky to have the family that I do. I couldn't be happier. Darryl spoils me and Teagan is just the perfect baby. I feel very blessed.
6 comments:
That's cute about him being outside and looking at everything. If only you could read his thoughts!!! Maybe he was thinking, "Well this is a pretty place but not quite as pretty as where I just came from." :)
They grow up WAY too fast.
Such a cute picture. That's funny that he is so obsessed with the crinkly sound of paper - he's like a little kitten.
He just gets cuter everyday. I wish we lived closer so him and Glade could play with each other. Especially now that he is so aware of everything.
I feel the exact same way! Babies are amazing and I think I need Owen and learn more from Owen than he does from me! You are an awesome mom and Teagan is just so cute!
He's so cute!! Love the outfit!
So I tagged you... if you want to find out what to do check out my blog!
I am so glad you enjoy it. IT goes SO fast TOO fast. His smile is contagious.
Post a Comment