Monday, November 10, 2008

You can't trust a hot tub.

On Saturday, my cousin Ali had a huge party at her parent's house for her 13th birthday. They live in a really cool house in Olympus Hills. They have a theater room, ping pong table, pool table, Wii, Playstation 3, huge plasma screen tvs in every room, a karaoke system with hundreds and hundreds of songs, and of coarse a hot tub. It's quite the party house and they LOVE to party! This was just one of several times we have attended a party there since they moved there in July.

I forgot my swimming suit but decided to join the fun at the hot tub so I rolled up my pants and was going to stick my feet in. Well, let me just say I wish that was all that ended up in that hot tub! It was dark outside and I walked up to the hot tub and decided to step down on the first step and then sit on the edge with my feet in.

The first step isn't actually a step. It's rather deceiving because it looks exactly like a step and is in the only place a step would be in! It's actually curved like a recliner. It slopes down for your back and then up for your knees and down again for your feet. Well, I took one step on it and it was the slippery slope of doom. I fell right in. I laughed hysterically for several minutes and then realized my cell phone was in my pocket! My poor cell phone drowned in that deceptive hot tub!

I would like to make you all aware of the fact that I was not the only one to fall into that hot tub. Everyone that got in slipped on that "step" and not one of them warned me! I wasn't there when they all got in; I joined them later. I was just the only person fully clothed to fall in. Andrew got in the hot tub fully clothed, but by his own free will. (and sans cell phone)

So, I am without a cell phone. I used to have an older phone that still worked but I lent it to my mom when her phone wasn't working and she doesn't know where it ended up. I am hoping to get a new one tomorrow but I don't really want to extend my contract and I don't have 200 dollars to spend on a phone, so I don't know what to do. I will probaby find a used one and just deal with that. In the mean time, contact Darryl if you need to get a hold of me. I have no phone :(




**NOTE** Feel free to laugh at me all you want. I thought it was pretty dang funny myself.

5 comments:

Inspired said...

That is so bittersweet! A funny and great story, but pretty inconvenient for now. I am so sorry, but thanks for the post.

Andrea said...

Oh man! That's awful! I can't believe no one warned you. I'm sorry about your phone....I would be super pissed about that part.

K.B. said...

You really are not going to believe this...Remeber how I went to my grandparents 60th wedding ann. on Sat? Well there was a pool there at the clubhouse and I was watching Katy and William play on the steps of the pool. Katy lost her balance and pulled William down nwith her. I jumped in (fully dressed!!!) to pull them out. I had my cell phone in my pocket dangit. I just got a new phone a couple weeks ago! So now I have a temp phone that looks like it's from 1989. At least it works. At least the kids are okay.

So we both ruined our phones this past weekend :)

I do love your hair by the way!

Kayce said...

I still laugh way hard at this...

Deveryjane said...

Ok that is so funny/sad! One time my phone fell in a public toilet... and without thinking i reached in and grabed it. That was pretty sick. Did you just sit fully clothed in the hot tub after that?

Blog Archive