Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scouts honor

Garrett had his Eagle court of honor tonight at the church. He finally got his Eagle. He has been putting it off for years now, but finally got it done. He even received a congratulatory letter from Orin Hatch! (I think it already made it to the trash.) I am glad not to have to listen to my mom remind him to get it done anymore. It was nice to see Garrett get recognition for all he has done in scouting. It was nice for him to finally be done with it all. It's a great program but I think by the time they earn the Eagle, they don't want to even think about scouting for a while. (Until they become scout leaders that is.)

Receiving his award.
Putting the pin on mom. (Last time he has to do it and he still looks scared.)

Pulling more faces for the camera.

Glad to be done.

The Eagle's nest. It's where all the Eagle scouts sit. Notice how the entire first row is just from my family and there would have been one more if Joe had come.

The fam
Grandma Larsen and Lynn left before the picture and Steph and Joe didn't come.

3 comments:

Kayce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayce said...

Sorry about the last one, I pressed enter and it submitted for some reason... Congrats to Garrett! I loved Clint's Eagle Scout Court of Honor. I bawled like a baby (I was 4 months pregnant, so I am blaming that lol). He made me an honorary Boy Scout, it was the greatest night of my life ha ha. But that is so cool that he got it!

Andrea said...

Congratulations Garrett! I think I can honestly say I'll be happy not to have to hear your mom bug you about finishing your Eagle Scout either! :)

Blog Archive