Saturday, December 6, 2008

Girls Day Out

A few years ago while I was engaged, my mom, grandma and I were shopping at Macy's on my Grandma's birthday. We didn't know before hand, but they were having a big fragrance promotion that day and you could enter your name into a drawing to win some perfume. Well, my Grandma won! She got a big basket of the latest Estee Lauder perfume that had just barely come out (the one endorsed by Gweneth Paltrow). She was so excited to win something on her birthday.

This year for her birthday this year (which was in November) she wanted to go back to Macy's and try to win more perfume. My mom called and found out their fragrance promo was in December this year and we decided to make a day of it. We scheduled makeovers at the make-up counter and had the day planned with shopping, lunch, and hopes to win again.

This year instead of drawing your name they had stars taped to the floor and you had to stand on one when they announced the drawing and then they called a number. Joe came along and did some shopping while we got the makeovers and when he was done he came back and camped out on a number and sure enough he won! So my grandma got another basket with free perfume. She was so thrilled.

We got our makeovers and the lady doing mine said she wanted to do something a little more dramatic. I said, ok since I rarely put any make-up on at all and never do anything dramatic. Well I felt like a clown when I saw my face! My Grandma and Ste thought it looked good but I guess I am not used to seeing myself with that much make-up. It was fun though. They had guys in suits carrying around trays of eclairs and cheesecake. We certainly got pampered and came home with tons of free stuff. My mom couldn't make it since she tagged along with my dad on his business trip. Here are the pictures.

Ste (Stephanie to those of you who don't know that I call her Ste)

Grandma Larsen

You should have seen Darryl's face when I came home looking like this! I had about three pounds of make-up on and that was just the eye shadow!

The girls all dolled up.

5 comments:

Kayce said...

holy crap!! That is so strange seeing you with a new face!!

Ashlee said...

Wow, that really might be 3 lbs. of eyeshadow, hehehe! I think you look gorgeous even with the 3 lb eyeshadow, but I think with 1 lb it would be just right. That's awesome your grandma won the contest again, that just puts a nice cherry on top for the event :)

Andrea said...

They probably could put clown makeup on you and you'd still look good. Really I think you can pull off dramatic...it's the color blue that I think almost no one can pull off. You're just one of those people who looks so beautiful without makeup, that it's kind of like - why bother with the makeup? You don't mess with perfection.

BlondieBlueEyes said...

SO FUN!!! I am SO Jealous.I am glad you had such a great time.

ELI said...

Did you make your bed?

Blog Archive