Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things are supposed to slow down once the holidays are over!

January has been a busy month! After a hectic New Year's, we were home just a few days before we headed off on another trip. We drove to California to go to Nathan's (Darryl's brother) mission farewell. We left Friday and came back Monday. It was a long drive for such a short stay, but we love any excuse to visit Darryl's family and you can't beat California weather in January!
Teagan was such a trooper. I wouldn't be able to handle being strapped in a car seat for that long. He was so happy and cute on the trip. He cried a little here and there but overall, was able to entertain himself quite well. He sang, and talked and played with his books. It was fun.

We only had Saturday and Sunday in California so we had to make the most of it. Expenses being what they were in December, it didn't work out to go to Disneyland like we had wanted. We did however, take Teagan to the local mall that had a carousel. That was fun. He wasn't too sure about it and wouldn't smile for the pictures but would smile when he turned to look at me.
After the mall we headed to the beach. Darryl's cousin Lance is in Kindergarten and is learning words and LOVED when I wrote his name in the sand. He wanted me to write every one's name including my own and then came up with all sorts of other words for me to write. It was really cute.
Sunday, we went to the farewell and Nathan gave an excellent talk on missionary work. It was really fun to hear him speak. Afterward we went to a club house at Reita's friend's condo and had dinner. It was fun to see everyone. We left for home really early Monday morning so it was a very quick trip, but definitely worth it.
This is Teagan's scrunchy face smile. He has been doing it lots lately. It's totally fake and he only does it when he thinks you want him to smile. It's funny.
Huntington Beach
Darryl was the one who actually drew the heart. I couldn't resist taking a picture.
Grandma made whipped cream and guess who got to lick the beaters?

Group shot of everyone at the farewell.

While waiting for Darryl to use the restroom, I let Teagan out of his carseat to stretch. He immediately climbed over to the steering wheel and was loving it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love Teagan's scrunchie face. I had one too when I was little! That picture of him behind the steering wheel is SO cute! I'm glad you had a fun trip. Once the blasted opera is over we need to get together.

K.B. said...

I was actually wondering where you were on Sunday. I was worried you were sick or something. Now I don't feel so bad! You were in the warmth??!!! Ahhhhhh. Memories. I'm glad you had fun on your short trip. That I-15 road can be brutally boring. We usually stop off in Vegas for a beer and a couple rounds of poker to break things up a bit.

BTW..that Lava place looks like a blast! I wanna go! That's too bad about Teagan cutting his finger though.

Take care!

Inspired said...

I loved the fake smile...at least it looks kind of good. Elijah's is all squinty. I also LOVE the look on his face after the beaters!!! He is SO cute!

Blog Archive