Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All about Teagan

Teagan loves to run. He especially loves to run away from people walking toward him. I think this is mainly because when we walk toward him, it's usually to take away something he found that he isn't supposed to have.

He is so curious about the world and loves to explore. He wasn't satisfied with the main floor anymore and decided to climb up the stairs! He loves to play on the landing, much to my dismay. We are trying to teach him to go down the stairs now that he goes up them quite well. This has been a little difficult. He is only interested in climbing up things and then diving head first off of them. He still does this when he is on the couch or a bed despite our attempts at teaching him to turn around and slide off safely.

He loves people and especially other kids. He makes new friends wherever we go. He just walks up to other kids and tries to hold their hand. It's so cute. He loves to show off his little scrunchy face smile to everyone and it's so cute people can't resist him.

He is such a good natured little guy. I get told that by everyone! People in the grocery store, people in sacrament meeting, relatives, friends, and strangers all comment on how good natured he is. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "He is just the best baby! He is so pleasant and never gets upset." I can't argue with him being the best baby, but never getting upset? I guess he saves all his upset moments for me, but to be honest, it doesn't happen often. He really is a sweet boy.

He is a biter though. I can't imagine he learned it from anyone since he isn't around anyone who bites. He has been doing since before he had teeth. He would try and bite you if he got angry. It was funny when he didn't have teeth, but it's not quite so funny now. We figured we would discourage it from the very beginning so we would tell him no and put him down if he tried to bite, but he is a stubborn little boy and it's still his favorite line of defense.

Lately, he thinks it's hilarious if I tell him no. He tries to tear apart my mom's curtains (mainly pull out the curtain rod and wave it around like a sword) and I tell him no and move him away and he laughs so hard he can't even stand up. He is literally on the floor laughing histerically. I don't know why he thinks it's funny when I tell him no. I think he will be a tough one to discipline. He just laughs when I tell him not to get into the dog food, or pull things out of the cubbord. I guess it's a game to him. I need to figure something else out, but I think it's wrong to hit or spank kids that young, so I don't know what to do.

He is still a daddy's boy. One of his favorite things to do is wrestle with his dad. Darryl is so cute with him and the best at getting Teagan to smile. It's so cute. He likes me when he is hurt or upset. I guess I am the one who comforts him and Darryl is the one he likes to play with. It is so cute to see how excited Teagan gets when Darryls comes home.

I suppose I have rambled on about my boy long enough. He is the most wonderful thing to happen to Darryl and me. It has been such an adventure with him around. I love him so much! I can't believe he is going to be one year old tomorrow! That went too fast.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

oh my gosh I am laughing out loud because Owen thinks it is hilarious when we tell him no too. Last night Lee was trying to tell him no and he was hysterical. I could not stop laughing. I could just picture Teagan with his "sword". Oh man, all these things you have said are just almost exactly like Owen. I love that we have babies so close! :)

Blog Archive