Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Teagan's big brother

Our next door neighbors have a darling little boy who is 3. His name is Isaiah and he and Teagan get along really well. It's been a wonderful blessing to have such awesome people living next door! It's made Teagan's transition into nursery an easy one. Isaiah is in nursery with him and he just follows him into class and doesn't even look back. He gets to play with his best friend the whole time. What's not to like? 

Isaiah is so cute with Teagan. He looks after him and helps him with things. Poor Isaiah knows how to share and gets frustrated that Teagan isn't so good at it yet. He is so patient with Teagan though. It's adorable to watch them play. Teagan takes over Isaiah's bike, takes Isaiah's toys, won't give them back, etc. Isaiah is so understanding and patient and lets him play with his stuff and shows him how to ride the bike and push the cars around. Teagan has so much fun with him. Whenever we walk out of our apartment he runs next door and knocks on their door to see Isaiah. He even started saying "ZAY-UH!" He gets really excited to see his little buddy. 

I have really loved getting to know this family too. Isaiah and I sing songs and his favorite is the bumblebee song. He sings bumblebee and throws in the word mommy and does that over and over until he gets to his favorite part: "OUCH! It stung me!" It's really cute. Jeannine (Isaiah's mom) told me that Isaiah remembers us in his prayers. I thought that was so sweet. He even said, "Shell's nice." I'm glad he thinks so :) Jeannine is awesome and we have so much in common. It's been a huge stress relief to talk to another mom of an active little boy. When I have had a stressful day, I can talk to her about it and she just gets it. I love that they let me invade all the time. This family is one of the best things about our new place! We are so glad to have them as friends. 

Ok Jeannine, I know you are going to tease me about my cheesy blog, but at least now you're in it!

4 comments:

Kayce said...

I'm so jealous... Nursery is of the devil, and he goes easy... It just isn't right haha.

But congrats on it, that is really cool

Jeannine said...

Aw...That was sweet! We love having you guys next door and look forward to getting to know both even more! And I won't tease you too much about your blog!:)

BlondieBlueEyes said...

We loved seeing everyone this weekend. Teagan is SO CO CUTE!! Taft misses his new best friend already.

I don't have your email address to send you those patterns. Mine is korbystevenson@gmail.com

Andrea said...

That's awesome that Teagan has a new friend and that you and Darryl have another couple so close by that you can hang out with!

Blog Archive