Thursday, September 24, 2009

A better day

After our horrible day, we decided we needed some fun. Teagan's hair was finally long enough for a cut, so we went to Cookie Cutters for his first haircut. They let you pick out a movie and sit in a car and they make it really fun for kids so I thought he might like that. He did like it most of the time. He liked watching Elmo and holding his sucker. He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't upset either. 


Well, I guess the lady took too long because he decided he was finished and started to cry. Luckily she was almost finished. 

After the haircut, we got some lunch and visited a new couple in our ward who just had a baby. Teagan LOVED the baby. He was so happy to think he was helping with the baby so he would bring toys, blankets, burp cloths, diapers, wipes, anything he could get his hands on to the baby. He really wanted to hold her so I helped him. I was surprised by how much he enjoyed being around the baby. It was cute. 

Once Darryl got home, we went to the Hogle Zoo. I was so excited to take Teagan to the zoo. I was especially excited to see the new baby elephant! Elephants are my favorite animal and it was so cool to see a tiny one. 

We were walking through the Zoo and I see this really tall guy pushing a stroller and he looked really familiar. All the sudden it occurred to me that it was Mehmet Okur from the Jazz! It was cool seeing him, but it was funny how out of place he looked pushing a stroller at the Zoo. We thought about asking for his autograph or a picture, but we didn't want to bother him on his day out with his family. 


My favorite animals!


We had to pry him off so another kid could have a turn.


Obviously I was the only one excited about getting this photo.


Riding on the Train at the Zoo.


Despite his nonchalant expression, Teagan loved the carousel. He especially loved waving to his daddy.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I thought about you all day being at the zoo and was totally jealous!

Andrea said...

Also - Teagan's hair cut looks so cute! He looks so grown up. That place that you took him looks really cute.

Kayce said...

That's a cute post! Love the pics ;)

Natalie Pyles said...

good job taking the day to do something really fun after the hard week you've had!

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I am glad you are having some fun. I love the pictures especially the turtle and caterpiller ones. So funny.

Blog Archive