Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lazy

I blog for a number of reasons. Keeping a journal is one of those reasons. I know I have been complaining a lot lately, but I guess this rain cloud sitting right over my head hasn't budged and writing seems to help. So please, ignore this post. It's merely a therapeutic way for me to blow that cloud away and find a bit of sunshine.

What happened to 2009?! We're in October already and I feel so unproductive. I did such a good job at staying ahead of the game in 2008. I ended the year feeling like I had accomplished so much and that my first year as a mom was a success. I certainly don't feel that way this year. I was completely caught up with Teagan's scrapbook right before Christmas last year, and I haven't done a single page since then! I know that seems like a silly thing to stress over, but I hate for my wonderful memories to end up lost in a computer crash before I ever printed pictures, or did anything with my scrapbook. 

The photo editing software I have for my computer is much more complex than what I am used to and I guess I haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet. I don't feel like I have anything in my life organized and it's driving me crazy. The scrapbook isn't critical. I realize that. There are far more important things to life than having a scrapbook. I suppose it's just a reminder of what I haven't been able to do this year as opposed to last. It's just one more thing on top of laundry, home-cooked meals, family home evening, etc. that I can't seem to get accomplished. I am feeling very unproductive lately.

2 comments:

Kayce said...

You're not alone!!!

Inspired said...

I bet you doing the best you can, and that is all anyone can ask of you...including yourself. You are doing awesome Rachelle!

Blog Archive