Now I just need to track down some quilting frames so I can actually do the quilting part! Darryl already knows about it and is anxious for it to be finished. I am exciting for the oil painting he is giving me for Christmas! Aren't we awful at keeping secrets? Oh well. It's been fun for Darryl to see (and appreciate) the whole process. I think I might even have him help me tie it. ;)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
My latest sewing project.
This year for Christmas, Darryl and I decided to make homemade gifts for each other. This way, we could put a lot more time into the gifts and not spend a lot of money. I knew he had been wanting a quilt ever since Blake sent him pictures of one Kayce had made for a friend of theirs. It's the old 8 bit Mario made into a quilt! I loved the idea and decided to make him one for Christmas. I googled Mario quilt and there are lots of people out there who had the same idea. I came across one here that I especially liked. It was a quilt of just the mushroom from mario. I counted the squares and calculated what size I wanted to make mine and here is the finished result:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (1)
- May (2)
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (7)
- January (2)
4 comments:
I have a frame if you want to borrow it. I won't need it for awhile. Are you gonna tie it or quilt it?
That is so cool! I love it! You did a really good job on it. I wish I was good at quilting.
That is so freaking cute! You are so talented! You will have to give me the pattern.
My kids would go CRAZY for that even Estee. That is SO COOL. I might have to try and make one. I love it.
Post a Comment