Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All play on Labor Day

This Labor day was the first time since before I started working that I had Labor day off. That's just how it goes when you work retail. You have to work when everyone else wants to play.

My parents wanted to get the family together and go do something. We were babysitting my cousin Tara's son Jayden and we thought it would be fun to take him to the zoo.

It had rained a ton the night before and all morning so we didn't get there until about noon. The rain had stopped and it was overcast and very nice outside. It was the perfect day to be there. It wasn't crowded at all. I had forgotten how much I love watching animals. Teagan would look up from his stroller when the animals would move around and he smiled up at them. He seemed to like watching the animals. Jayden also had a great time seeing the animals. He said he liked the "pink ones" the best. I later realized that he meant penguins. The penguins were swimming around in the water and were very entertaining.

My favorite animals have always been the odd shaped ones. I love elephants, girrafes, and hippos. It is also really cool to watch the monkeys. We saw a young orangutan that was so curious and was swinging and playing in his cage. He finally came up to the glass window and stuck his tongue out at us. It was like something you'd see on a movie.

After the zoo we went bowling. Devin, who had to work earlier and missed the zoo, met up with us. Garrett worked that night so he missed out but we still had a good time. We kept changing each other's names while the other person was up bowling. I went from Rachelle to Rashizzle to Darth Vador to all kinds of names that my siblings thought I would hate. We had a lot of fun. It was really refreshing to do something out of the ordinary. I lost my camera but Ste got some good pictures and I am just waiting for her to email them to me. I guess I can add them later.

No comments:

Blog Archive