Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teagan Update


It has been so long since I have posted anything. It's been a crazy month! I thought I would catch up on my posts by starting out with a post about Teagan. He has changed SO much! He has long since mastered walking and loves to run everywhere, especially away from me. He thinks it's a blast to run away from anyone who seems like they are coming near him. He also loves to hide. It's so fun to see him run all over and come up with interesting places to hide. He tried to hide behind the toilet today. Thankfully he didn't quite fit.

He is quite the talker and he loves to talk on the phone. He has moved past just listening to the person on the other end (which is usually Darryl), and now joins in the conversation. He says dada the most. (Shocking, I know.) His vocabulary has improved vastly. He says: dada, mama, baba, ball, dog, hat, what's that?, love you, no, mine, num-num, sit, this, more, and much more that I can't think of at the moment. I couldn't believe he started putting words together. He doesn't do it very regularly, but it is becoming more frequent everyday.

He loves to play "ring-around-the-rosie" and if you sing it, he turns around in circles and then falls down about half of the time. He also LOVES music. He certainly got some of those Young genes in that respect. My family is all sorts of crazy about music. He really enjoys being sung to and also loves watching Garrett play his guitar. He grabs the ukulele and tries to play along. He also loves sitting at the piano and playing his own songs. He used to just pound on the keys but now he plays them very methodically and with purpose. I would love for him to study an instrument someday, but that will, of coarse, be up to him.

He loves books and brings books to me constantly. He loves being read to and especially when the book has flaps to open. He is thankfully past the stage where he just wants to rip them. One of his favorite books is one that Grandma and Grandpa Pearson got him for his birthday. It is electronic with buttons that read and sing the nursery rhymes. He especially loves that one when I am not available to read to him. He still feels entertained and can push all the buttons over and over. Needless to say, I have that whole book memorized!

Because of his love for both books and animals, Teagan has already learned several animal sounds. If you ask him what a cow, cat, dog, duck, lamb, or pig says, he will then imitate the correct sound. I was pretty shocked since this is something he didn't learn from me. He loves being read to and I read to him a lot, but he never wants me to read his animal book to him. He only likes it when my mom reads that one to him. She is pretty entertaining imitating all the animal sounds, so I can't blame him, but I left on vacation for a week, and came back to a kid that knows which animal "meow's" and which one "moo's". Kids change so fast! He is pretty fickle as to who he will perform his new trick to. He usually only cooperates when my mom is the one asking him.

As previously mentioned, Darryl and I did leave Teagan for a whole week to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was hard being gone for that long, but we had a wonderful time. I will post about the trip soon. I still have LOTS to post. Like I said, this month has been very crazy and very eventful.

4 comments:

BlondieBlueEyes said...

He is so DARLING it is so FUN to read all about Teagan and his growth. It does go by so quickly. I am glad you got to go away on a vacation. SO FUN!!! It is important to make time for each other. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Melanie said...

Wow! He is quite advanced. Owen still only says mama and dada. Aren't babies a handful but so fun? I love your blog because it always makes me laugh and I can relate to so much of it. You better post some pics from your cruise! I am WAY jealous!

Missy said...

We should totally try and get together. Let me know when you are coming closer to the date and we can try and set something up!!!

Kayce said...

I can't believe how big he is! I wish we lived closer so Glade and him could play.

Blog Archive