Thursday, April 30, 2009

having your own car = freedom . . . but sometimes it shouldn't

This is Teagan in his new car. I have been wanting to get him one of these ever since we took him to the Children's Museum and he got to try one out. He loved it so much, I had to literally pry him out of it when some other kid wanted a turn. They are kind of expensive to buy new and I wasn't able to find a used one. (I searched the ksl.com classifieds obsessively) I had just decided that we wouldn't be able to get one, and then I was browsing the options for the reward points we had earned on our credit card and this was one of them! So, I got a brand new one for FREE! (It pays to pay off your balance each month!)

Today, Darryl and I were studying for finals at my parents house because we needed their printer, (We don't have ours set up yet.) and all of the sudden it got a little too quiet. We realized that Teagan must have gone upstairs. He usually likes to go upstairs to play when he gets bored with being downstairs. We stopped our homework and Darryl went upstairs while I looked around on the main floor and basement just in case he had gone there. Neither of us could find him. Panic immediately set in and we searched all over the house! He likes to hide lately so we were checking closets and everything, but still no Teagan.

Then, I noticed the cover on the dog door was gone, so I ran outside. Sure enough, Teagan had climbed out the dog door, and down the steps to play outside. I found him out on the basketball court riding in his new Little Tikes car. I was so relieved! I had never been that worried in my life!

I told him, "Just because you have a car now, doesn't mean you get to take off whenever you want." He just smiled and ran over my foot.

5 comments:

Erin said...

He is so cute! Isn't it frustrating when these incredibly smart kidlets use their resources to the fullest?

Inspired said...

I know the feeling about "losing" your son...it really is the worst thing!

Ashlee said...

That is sooo cute, maybe not the part when he ran over your foot and when you couldn't find him but that he actually crawled through the dog door to play with his new car!! Those Little Tikes cars are the best toys, I remember having one when I was a kid. Teagan looks so cute in his!

Kayce said...

That was so funny! Yesterday we couldn't find Glade and we looked everywhere. Finally, we rechecked her room, and all the sudden, we see this pair of eyes in the suitcase. It was so funny we couldn't be mad at her for hiding in the suitcase with the top down ha ha

Andrea said...

You better watch that kid when he turns 16.

Blog Archive