This Christmas some of my siblings decided to sleep over at my parent's house Christmas Eve so we could wake up Christmas morning together. We had lots of fun playing games and watching Chipmunk's Adventure on Christmas Eve. It felt like I was 10 again (but better because I have Darryl and Teagan now). We didn't go to bed til around 1:00 am and Teagan woke up screaming his head off at 3:30 am. He kept saying "jammies off!" He was too hot so I took his pajamas off and held him and read him a story hoping he would go back to sleep. He didn't. He kept right on screaming so I took him downstairs to rock him in the chair in the living room. I completely forgot Devin and Amanda were sleeping down there. Of coarse he woke them up and then was too excited to go back to sleep. He loves Devin and Amanda and they had their dog, Beastie with them so he was for sure not going back to sleep with those three around. I finally caved and went and got Darryl and told him we were going to let him open a couple of presents since we had to be awake anyway. So at 4:00 am, Teagan got to open 2 presents and dig into his stocking. He loved the present Devin and Amanda got him. It's a bowling set with a cow bowling ball that "moo's" and the bowling pins are milk bottles. It was really cute and he kept saying, "I like that cow!" It was really cute.
About 5:30 I was exhausted so Darryl let me go back to sleep and he stayed up with Teagan. By 6:30 my sister Steph was tapping my shoulder saying everyone was downstairs waiting for me. So I rolled out of bed and we had our Christmas morning. It was fun to have Garrett's last Christmas at home all together. We finished and I helped my mom clean up and Teagan and Darryl both crashed. They woke up in time for breakfast and afterward we decided to get ready to go visit Darryl's family. I took a shower and when I got out Darryl went in after me. I knew Teagan wouldn't cooperate long enough to let me do my hair so while Darryl was showering I asked Garrett to watch Teagan so I could do my hair.
Garrett was in the living room playing his guitar and Teagan was in the same room playing with his new toys. Then Teagan decides to take off. Garrett puts his guitar down and went to follow him but couldn't tell if he had gone upstairs or down. He tried upstairs first, but Teagan wasn't there. Garrett goes downstairs to find Teagan sitting in the middle of a pile of my Grandma's pills saying "candy."
We all panicked of coarse but it was only a 7 day dosing container and we picked up the pills from the floor and they were all accounted for so we knew he couldn't have taken any. Since my dad is a pharmacist (and poison control is run by pharmacists) he looked up the potential side effects of the medication in the slim chance he did take something. The worst thing that could happen if he did take any was his blood sugar would drop dangerously low. We prayed about it and felt like he wasn't in any danger, but just in case, we decided to let him eat as much candy as he wanted to make sure his blood sugar didn't go to low. (It was Christmas after all)
After all that drama, we were running way behind schedule and were late getting to Darryl's grandparent's house. We finally got there and by then I was ready to crash! I was exhausted. We opened presents there and I fell asleep on the floor! I woke up and continued my nap in the guest bedroom and Darryl woke me up when dinner was ready. I am sure Teagan and Darryl had fun with the family, but I missed the whole thing! I couldn't believe how tired I was. We had a wonderful dinner and then headed back to South Jordan to meet up with my family.
This time it was the whole family, Cambria, Marissa, Ryan, ABC, and Cameron were all there. It was nice seeing everyone and then Tracy and Ali and Andrew came over. We visited for a little bit and then went home to bed. It was a long dramatic, and exhausting day, but it was so nice to spend it with family. The only thing I regret was not getting the chance to see the Rowlands this year.
Pictures to come. As soon as I can find my camera, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (1)
- May (2)
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (2)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (6)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (4)
- September (9)
- August (8)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (1)
- April (1)
- March (7)
- January (2)
1 comment:
I'm excited to see your pictures of Christmas! And I love your new blog background! If you tell me you did it yourself, I will crap my pants (awkward.).
I'm glad Teagan was okay. I don't blame you one bit for not coming over my parents house after such a hectic day!
Post a Comment