Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Teagan updates

Teagan is changing so much everyday. His vocabulary constantly surprises me. He is such a funny kid. He has started to play pretend a lot more often. Today he put me in time-out. I asked if I could come out and he said "I guess."

He was shopping with my mom at Macy's and he kept pointing to the Echo brand merchandise and said "Rhino! Rhino!" The Echo product rep was at Macy's and overheard him and gave him a plastic Rhino that they use in displays. He was so excited. He got it at immediately set it down and said "Here Rhino. Eat your nummy lunch." And pretended to have the Rhino eat something from the ground. I couldn't believe it.

He is talking in sentences a lot more often now. It's been fun to see his personality develop. Another thing I think is so cute is that he calls Darryl "honey." I call Darryl that all the time. In fact, I rarely call him Darryl. I mostly call him honey. Teagan decided that's what he should call Darryl too. No more Daddy. It's honey now. Darryl has mixed feelings about that. :)

One thing he got from his mother is how particular he is about certain things. I admit, I am a little picky with certain foods. I like a wide variety of foods, but only prepared a certain way. I don't like sandwiches unless they are made right before I am ready to eat it. I never make a sandwich ahead of time. It's gross. I only eat white meat poultry, and I won't eat ham unless I have my Grandma's homemade mustard to put on it.

Well, Teagan has a few things he is particular about too. He won't touch his food if he sees you cut it for him. He won't eat it if he sees you put any sauce on it. He doesn't want anyone messing with his food once it's in front of him. If I need to cut something for him or anything like that, I have to do that without him seeing. It's pretty funny. He wouldn't eat his waffle the other day because I cut it and put syrup on it. How rude of me.

2 comments:

Kayce said...

Haha, kids are so awesome! Glade has been calling for Teagan at least 3 times a day lately. Like calling for him will make him just appear outside lol. It's so strange to see how much he is growing, and then see Glade and remember what she was like 6 months ago. I just love it!

Andrea said...

I can't believe how old he has gotten either. It seemed just yesterday that you brought him home from the hospital. I love that he calls Darryl 'honey'. Adorable.

P.S. the word verification that I had to type in to post this comment was "godpan". Weird.

Blog Archive